Pennsylvania Truck Accident Lawyer
Every year, approximately 4,000 people are killed nationally in commercial trucking accidents that are the result of intoxicated or distracted driving, sleepy truckers, or defective trucks.
It’s not for nothing that people use the phrase “getting hit by a truck” to describe a traumatic or catastrophic event in their lives. These accidents often have long-term, life-altering effects. If you were injured by a truck, we’ll work tirelessly to get you the compensation you deserve to get your life back.
What to Know if you were in a Truck Accident
Pennsylvania truck accident victims should be aware of a few basic facts:
- It may be the first time you have been involved in an accident, but you can rest assured that the trucking company that owns the truck has been involved in many accidents before.
- The trucking company has a full-fledged, well-established legal defense team, whose job is to minimize the liability of the trucking company in the event of an accident.
What to Do After a Truck Accident
Trying to deal with a trucking company on your own is never the best decision; Ordinary citizens simply do not have the resources to hold their own against the experienced defense attorneys who work for the trucking company. For these reasons, it is very important that you avoid speaking to a representative of the trucking company until you have your lawyer present.
Also avoid speaking to your insurer without legal counsel because there is a possibility that you may say something that can be held against you. Avoid giving recorded statements to your insurer.
Do not rush to accept a settlement from the trucking company, no matter how tempting it seems. Remember that a trucking accident attorney may be able to identify a number of parties – not just the truck driver and the trucking company – that may be liable in your accident.
Truck Accident Injuries
Truck collisions injured 130,000 victims last year, and these accidents are rarely fender benders. Injuries often include broken bones, whiplash, spinal cord injuries and brain injuries.
Commercial Truck Accident Statistics
- Commercial truck accidents cost approximately $59,150, on average
- Human error by the truck driver, other driver, passenger, pedestrian, or bicyclist, causes or exacerbates nearly 90% of accidents involving commercial trucks.
- 30% of all commercial truck collisions are attributed to driver fatigue
Fire Truck Accident Statistics
- Every year, there are about 2,500 fire truck accidents in the United States
- There are an average of 21 fatalities per year from these types of accidents
- Out of those 21 fatalities, 6 of the victims were in the fire truck
Semi Truck Accident Statistics
- There are approximately 15.5 million trucks in the United States
- Of those trucks, approximately 13% are big rigs, semis, tractor trailers, and 18-wheelers
- Fatal tractor trailer accidents cost Americans over $20 billion every year, with $13.1 billion of that cost being the loss of quality of life
- There are 60.5 injuries and 2.3 deaths per every 100 million miles driven by big rigs on U.S. roads
Get Help if You Have Been Injured in a Truck Accident
If you or someone you love has been injured in a truck accident, regardless of what type, or if you have lost a loved one in a fatal truck collision, contact our experienced Pennsylvania truck accident attorneys today to speak with a highly qualified lawyer who knows how to tackle personal injury and wrongful death cases with a passion. At Solnick & Associates, we assure you that having the right attorney is crucial if you want to recover the highest amount of compensation for your case.