Slip & Fall Accident Lawyer
The state of Pennsylvania allows people who have been injured on another person’s property to claim compensation for their injuries. Inadequate security, unsafe construction and design can be some of the key factors that are mentioned in premises liability claims.
Visitors to another person’s property has a right to expect reasonable standards of care. These can include shoppers, customers, guests, and visitors. When these people are on the property, they expect minimal protection from injuries.
Examples of unreasonable standards of care:
- A person may slip and fall on broken stairs, or objects laying on the ground.
- There may be electrical injuries from loose cords, or a defective hotel hairdryer.
- A person may be a victim of a dog attack on his neighbor’s property.
- They may suffer injuries in his apartment elevator.
- A person may slip and fall on a defective sidewalk, or fall in a hole in the road.
- A shopper reaching an object from a shelf may have objects topple on top of him.
- A person may be at risk of burn injuries as a result of a fire on someone else’s property.
- A child may drown or suffer a near-drowning incident in a public swimming pool.
- A person may be assaulted or raped on someone’s property.
In all of these cases, victims have the right to bring a premises liability claim against the owner of the property.
Some common hazards on a property that could expose owners to the risk of a premises liability claim include:
- Wet floors
- Cluttered or slippery floors
- Failure to secure dogs on the property
- Broken stairs
- Lack of illumination, especially in staircases and stairwells
- Failure to mark holes on the ground, and other fall hazards
- Failure to provide adequate security on the premises
It’s not just the owner of the property who may be named in a claim. The management or supervisor of the property and the operators of the property at the time of the accident can also be named in a claim.
The Pennsylvania premises liability lawyers at Solnick & Associates, LLC represent persons who have been injured in slip and fall accidents, dog bites, swimming pool accidents and other accidents on defective or unsafe premises across Pennsylvania.
- April Is Distracted Driving Awareness Month: How Distracted Driving Can Put You in DangerApril 23, 2018 - 1:41 pm
- How Optical Illusions May Trick Montgomery County Drivers Into Slowing DownMarch 12, 2018 - 11:21 am
- How Snowy Conditions Can Lead to Slip and Fall Injuries — When Philadelphia Property Owners May Be Responsible for Your InjuriesMarch 7, 2018 - 11:08 am